Monday, December 3, 2007

What do you think about this thing?

I really thought this ignorant bit was limited to my ex-husband. Sadly, I saw this in the local paper today:

"Do you think... ? If so, you've got another thing coming."

OMG, I CANNOT STAND THIS!

As the Grammar Grouch, I have been known to be irritable on occasion, but in this case, I am about to become unhinged!

Why it makes me so angry, I have no idea, but I tell you what: If you think I'm going to let this lie, you've got another think coming!

Check out the dear Mr. Brians's simple explanation:

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/thing.html

Grrrrr....!

Please, my friends, help me to rid the world of this one little ignorance. I promise I will be happy.

Until next time, O best beloved*, I remain

Your Grammar Grouch

*with apologies to Rudyard Kipling

1 comment:

Myron Remington said...

Just verifies that there are thinkers and there are doers.

Thinkers think. Doers just do their thing.

The results show in their writing.