Monday, December 10, 2007

Credit Where Credit Is Due

I recently posted a rant about "...you've got another think coming" (correct usage), after I saw "...you've got another thing coming", with regard to Judas Priest, in the local newspaper.

Before posting, I had sent a scathing e-mail to the responsible reporter--who responded! I have to say that I appreciate her response, even if she had not been as nice as she was. I suppose I put journalists on at least a short pedestal, so I was pleased to receive an answer. And I admit that, as a grouchy Grammar Grouch, I really had not been very pleasant, so her non-reactive attitude was even more appreciated.

Said reporter rightly blamed the band Judas Priest, whose song is actually titled, "You've Got Another Thing Coming." She even provided this link as proof: http://judaspriest.com/disc/default.asp

I let her know she was off the hook--but the band is in big trouble!

Until next time, my friends, happy grammaring!

(c) 2007 Susan K. Morrow

No comments: